Who Can Become a Member?
Optonique Member Categories
Optonique members are divided into five categories (business, institutional & innovation, public sector, partner and network)
To do our part, we took the exceptional decision to offer free membership to all our members for the year 2020-2021. New members are also welcome to join without fees for this year with the promo code member2021.
Optonique membership is valid for one year, from April 1st to March 31st of the following year.
- For profit businesses must be active in optics photonics research and development, manufacturing, production or marketing of optics photonics equipment
- Members with a Business profile can sit on the board of directors
- We have a special offer for start-ups (less than two years old): 50% discount for the first two years
Institutional & Innovation
- Universities, colleges, college centers for technology transfer (CCTT), any technology transfer & research institutes active in optics photonics education, training, workforce development, and/or research and development
- Members with an Institutional & Innovation profile can sit on the board of directors
- All public sector organizations that provide financial support to Optonique
- Offers the opportunity to be part of the Board of Directors as an observer (subject to availability)
- Accessible to any company, institution or public body, to any organization, firm of consultants or professional (i) that is interested in the development of optics photonics in Quebec and (ii) whose primary activity is not the development, manufacture, production or marketing of optics photonics in Quebec
- Members with a Partner profile cannot sit on the board of directors
- Any industrial or professional association or research consortium whose primary activity is not the development, manufacture, production or marketing of optics photonics
- Members with a Network profile cannot sit on the Board of Directors