Who Can Become a Member?
Optonique Member Categories
Optonique members are divided into four categories
How to join
Step 1: Fill out the member form
Step 2: Submit your payment
Optonique membership is valid for one year, from April 1st to March 31st of the following year.
- For profit businesses active in optonics photonics research and development, manufacturing, production, and/or commercialization
- Can sit on the board
- Special offer for start ups (in existence for less than two years): 50% discount for the first two years
Institution and Innovator
- Universities, college centers for technology transfer (CCTT), technology transfer institutes active in optics photonics education, training, workforce development, and/or research and development.
- There is one seat on the board for an institutional member, which goes to a business member in the absence of an institutional candidate
- All public sector organizations that provide financial support for the pole
- Can name an observer to the board (as space allows)
- Membership fee is waived
- Organizations, associations, and economic development agencies, consortiums, and service firms and companies that do not have optics photonics as their main business activity, as well as Canadian and foreign optics photonics companies and investors
- These members do not sit on the board